What's Mine Is Yours

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Flame On!

Brett and I went to see Fantastic Four yesterday. The trailers looked awful. Absolutely horrible. Yet, I was intrigued (oh, who am I trying to kid? I couldn't wait to see it). I kept thinking, maybe it could be another X-Men 2, which is by far my favorite of the comic-book-to-movie movies.

It wasn't.

It was dull and flat and shiny for the sake of being shiny. The superheroes had nothing to be super for, they had no overarching reason to be superheroes. And for all everyone says about Jessica Alba, I find her to be nothing special to look at -- in fact, she's bland. There. I said.

However. Johnny Storm? Me-owwwwwwwww.
(Or something.)

Overall, though, I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it was still bad. Really, really bad.

Bonus DVD feature -- my favorite part of the movie:
When Von Doom was proposing to Susan, I reached over and elbowed Brett as hard as I could, twice. The two frat guys behind us busted out laughing.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger styro said...

let the "make an honest woman out of me" nagging begin! ;) JK

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

i had such high hopes for the movie. i actually heard someone a few weeks ago say it was a great movie and i was so surprised i couldn't even catch a breath to disagree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home