What's Mine Is Yours

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

There Ain't No One Gonna Listen If You Haven't Made a Sound

Two weeks ago, it was recommended to me that I contact my local police department to request extra security patrols past my house and in my neighborhood (the reasons behind this recommendation will be conveniently left out).

I obtained the number. I left a message, stating my name, my reason, my address, and my phone number in case an officer needed to speak with me further.

Two weeks went by and I assumed my request went through. I slept 0.05% more soundly at night.

Meanwhile, over the past two weeks, the offending situation has -- mostly -- resolved itself, or at least gotten to a place where I feel extra police patrols are no longer necessary.

Which is, it turns out, a great coincidence. Because tonight, my local police department called to let me know that starting on Wednesday, they would begin extra patrols in my neighborhood. They left a voicemail so I didn't get a chance to ask the obvious question, which is, clearly, "WHAT THE FUCK TOOK SO LONG?" and instead I just called them back and told them not to even bother anymore.

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger IA said...

sounds like you need an extra IA in your bed to keep away the boogeyman.

call me.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger jenB said...

your tax dollars at work. sheesh.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger rrrob said...

For the love of Pete, please update, we're dying here. Aren't you even going to brag about the thing with the thing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home